Sunday, January 24, 2010

Resolutions

Well I feel like I need to write down some of the resolutions I have made this year so that I can look back and see how I am doing so....
1. To have a current temple recommend so that I can take full advantage of having a beautiful Temple in our town.
2. To have a more calm and peaceful home. I do feel like for the most part we are raising our kids in a loving home however most of my family (sisters) know how hard it is to keep a calm voice. I feel like yelling is a weakness of mine and I am trying to change that.
3. To involve myself in more meaningful conversation. I feel like a lot of times conversation turns to gossip. My father-in-law once told Jarrod and I that the only person that gossip hurts is you. Most times the person your are gossiping or talking bad about has no idea that there is even an issue and you are the one that leaves the conversation feeling bad.
4.I have awesome sisters and sisters-in-law and I hope to have a more meaningful and close relationship with all of them.
5.Paying tithing is always on my list because it can be very hard to do sometimes.
6.I want to loose a few pounds and get back in shape. I weigh the most I have ever weighed (not pregnant) and I would like to feel better about myself.

I am very happy and content with my life I just know that by making a few changes that it can be even better. Happy New Years to everyone!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

My dad is a very smart man (about the gossip stuff). It's so true...you only hurt yourself. And, I don't think you yell a lot. You have more patience with your kids than most people do. That's why all of the kids behave the best at your house. You have some good goals...good luck!

Shannon said...

I have some of the same goals as you! hopefully we can lean on each other for help when we are feeling weak :) Love ya and you'll do great!

Andrea said...

Umm... just look at a picture of me, and you will feel great about yourself!!!!!!!!!
Nik... you can do it... the tithing thing was hard for me too, but it's one of Ryon's strengths. Make it a habit and you won't know any different after a few months. ;) Love ya!

Linde said...

You are so sweet! Love your list, thanks for sharing:)

Mandy said...

That is my list exactly! Plus a few more things. This will be a crazy year for me! But in a good way I'm pretty sure:) I always hope the New Year will be better than the one before.!