Monday, April 20, 2009

The Funeral

We all look so bad after crying all day.

Me & My Aunt Laurie
Halee, Kinsey, Jaten, Carsen, Kortni.
Melissa, Mandy, Me, Peggy, Shannon.






My Grandma Ruby passed away on Easter Sunday April 12. We went to Show Low this past weekend for the funeral. It was a very beautiful and spiritual service. Grandma looked so beautiful. It was a very hard day for all of us be we are comforted in knowing that she has work in heaven and that we will be with her again. I don't know how people can get through these hard times without the gospel. Carsen had a hard time during the viewing and funeral but I think that he has a better understanding about death and what happens to our bodies and our spirit. We felt that the boys needed to go teach them these thing because we have 4 grandparents that are all not doing well. I hope that we do not have to do this again for a while but again I am grateful to have the gospel and comfort is gives to me.


It is sad sometimes that it takes something like this to bring everyone together but I was so happy to see family and friends that we have not seen for so long. It was wonderful to feel so close to everyone after so many years.


Ruby has always loved jewelry and had a TON! All of her granddaughters got to have a piece of it and I was so lucky to have her wedding ring. It goes perfect with all of my other rings. I am so glad to have something that was so special to her.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

That's so neat that you get to keep her ring. I'm sure it's very sentimental.

Thanks for emailing the pictures of the kids...I went ahead and forwarded them to Misty, Mandy and my mom.

Do you need the 3rd Twilight book yet?