Sunday, November 16, 2008

We have a ghost!

The other night the boys were on one. It was about 9:30 on a school night and I was so tired already in bed and I kept hearing them in the kitchen. I had already gotten on to them a couple of times and I was back in my bed when I heard them crying. I was so frustrated that I thought about just making them work it out (thinking that they were fighting) but I decided to get on to them one last time. When I opened my door I could tell something was wrong ( it was that kind of cry from both Carsen & Jaten) so I ran to there room opened the door and found them both freaking out crying hysterically. I turned on the light and asked what was wrong??? Carsen through his tears says "Jate saw a ghost in the kitchen." I just started laughing but I knew they were so serious and scared I tried not to. When we got them calmed down I took him in the kitchen and asked "where was it?" Jate says "over there by the door." I asked "what did it look like?" He says "It was big." so I tell him "I am going to turn the light off and show you something don't be scared. I showed him my reflection in the sliding glass door and asked if that is what he saw? He says "Ummm.... Ya" So he was sneaking in the kitchen for the 3rd time that night and saw his reflection and thought he saw a ghost. I couldn't help but think to myself "I guess it took a ghost to cure the kitchen sneak." I really did feel bad that they were scared so I let them come

to my bed and this is how they fell asleep.


Well in the mean time the crying woke up Dexen about 10:00. Like I said earlier I was soo tired. I tried everything to get him to go back to sleep including a bath at 10:30. So that was our fun very entertaining night.

6 comments:

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

I couldn't help but laugh! Poor guys! That would be so scary.....even grown up I know how that feels! You are a good mom you made them feel safe!!!!

Andrea said...

Haha.... so funny! My kids are starting to get into the "scared" stage and it drives me crazy. The laundry room light stays on all night.
Love all the new posts... I think I'm going to burn Taylor Swift's new cd right now! Thanks for the assurance that it's good!

Mandy said...

We were dying when mom told us. Hilarious. Little turds!

Shannon said...

Oh, funny funny! I was laughing when I heard and laughed when I read it! Looks like you have been having fun! Lots of new posts for me to read...too cute!

Shannon said...

oh, that is so cute! You can't help but laugh and feel sorry for them at the same time :)

brandygirl000 said...

That is great. I wouldn't explain it to them...it could really come in handy in the future for keeping them in bed! Cute pictures by the way. Your boys are adorable. You are a good mom Nikki.
Take care